Coaches will work on a part time basis including
- Monday afternoons
- Wednesday afternoons (Optional)
- Friday afternoons
- Saturday Mornings for Games.
- Plus an hour paid per week for planning and admin
We are looking for positive role models who can help support the development of players at the centre. Experience at Youth Development Phase is required as well as enthusiasm and self-motivation.
Hours and Salary: £12.50 per hour based on 9 hours a week
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing players in line with Oldham Athletic Development Centre’s Philosophy
- Working under the Lead coaches to Plan, do, review process of sessions each week
- Delivering appropriate coaching sessions based on the Oldham Athletic DC syllabus
- Evaluating team performance at games and training
- Updating player performance data each week
- Positive communication with parents and players throughout the season
A successful applicant will need:
- Minimum FA Level 2 / UEFA B Desirable
- Basic First Aid for Sport certificate
- Safeguarding Children certification
- Previous experience of working with children at Youth Development Phase
Key behaviours expected:
- Positive role model to work with young players
- Willing to work as part of a wider team of coaches
- Professional attitude and willingness to strive to consistently deliver high standards of coaching
- Patient attitude towards coaching and development of young athletes
This role involves work with young people and will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions at the time of application.
Please submit a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com for more information on the role contact James Caldwell Development Centre Manager on 07511 283 088. Application closing date is the 28th June 2022.